Tuesday, December 11, 2007

For old times' sake

This is something that Munchkin came up with nearly 2 years ago, when we got elected into the Union. She'd come up with this to add a humourous touch to all the rules that formed part of Stella's famous dress code, which we were supposed to re-relate (yes, that's not really a word but what do you call the action of relating rules that are restated at every year's GBM by every Union, so much so, that by the end of 3 years, the average Stella Marian would have heard it at least- and NOT on an average- 10 times over!) to the student body at our first GBM. When I first received this limerick-of-sorts as a message, I thought it was absolutely brilliant and another indication of Manisha's literary genius (the genius lies in the very simplicity and obviousness of it all!). Since, then the message has been permanently saved up on my cell phone, but lately I've been going on a cleaning spree to clear up memory space and since I was reluctant to delete this particular message, I figured I could save it up on the blog instead.

Mancha's Dress Code for Stella Marians

Tight is not right
Sleeveless is needless
Short is not hot
Lingerie are not for display

Don't know how many people in that batch would remember this, but this is one of my many remembrances of the times we had dealing with strict, set in stone rules and trying to justify them in the face of arguments that we, (the 6 of us in the Union) ourselves, would have put forth had we been on the other side.

Munchkin, if you ever read this... You were the best!!! Of all of us! And now I hope I don't get pulled up for such proclamations from the other 4! *cheeky grin*

And if any of you who ever read this, happen to have passed through "the hallowed portals of our alma mater", I'm sure this should bring back lots of memories of it's rules and our ways of skirting them! For those who haven't, but are from Chennai colleges, you'd still know the feeling! *beatific smile*

4 comments:

Div said...

Oh i know that feeling! That, and even more than that!

Ananya said...

Hey Divs...

I thought of you when I wrote that last little bit! *devilish grin*
Knew you'd catch on!

Neeraj said...

It surely reminded me of my college days not in the sense which u wrote on but I could relate to the nostalgia.

Eternal Child said...

your friend is a genius..!! may be we should make those 4 lines the official dress code edict for all colleges in chennai.. especially Engineering colleges. >:-/